• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It should. Paticularly since it's the showthread.php file that is being used in these links.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    Im going to reupload and revert. Now the only file I ever touched was the showthread.php file. Can I up load the original showthread.php that came in the 2.2.9 zip file and then goto the templates and revert all of them to original? Will that put things back the way they were? And if so will those actions have any kind of effect on the posts that have already been made to my forum?

Thx

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    First, I am not 100% sure that the hack is causing this error. However if you are running the default templates then it seems reasonabl to assume that something else changed to break this function.

Second, we do provide support, but only for forums that are running the original code. Obviously we cannot provide support to code we did not write ourselves. Nonetheless we will try to help whenever we can. Not all problems are the result of hacks, and if we have a solution other than uninstalling your hacks, we'll recommend this first.
    Makes sense...thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    First, I am not 100% sure that the hack is causing this error. However if you are running the default templates then it seems reasonabl to assume that something else changed to break this function.

Second, we do provide support, but only for forums that are running the original code. Obviously we cannot provide support to code we did not write ourselves. Nonetheless we will try to help whenever we can. Not all problems are the result of hacks, and if we have a solution other than uninstalling your hacks, we'll recommend this first.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    one last thing out of curiosity....

After my forum goes back to the original and I find that the butons then work I will want to intall the quick replay hack again. My users can't live with out it, and Id like to install other hacks that enhance the appearance and the appeal of my board. But the minute I do that your saying that I can not get support from here. Do you mean that I have to leave my forum with only the features I can get out of my admin cp? Again I can understand if you say yes, but that certainly would limit the development of my forum.

Once again thank you so much for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    Reupload the files you changed when you installed the hack. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server. This will overwrite the hack of course.
    Thanks you for your help

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Reupload the files you changed when you installed the hack. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server. This will overwrite the hack of course.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    Sorry we cannot support hacked forums. If you don't want to reupload the original files, then you should ask for help in the appropriate thread for that hack over at vbulletin.org.

Find this template:

forumhome_lastpostby

...and click on [revert to original]
    I certainly understand that, its just that this stuff is very new to me and as such understanding terminology is critical. If I upload my original vB file, which I dont mind doing I just want to to it right, do I reupload everything or just the files that were in the upload directory and not the subdirectories in the upoad folder? Also I looked at the forumhome_lastpostby template and that one has never been changed. the only option by it is to change original

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry we cannot support hacked forums. If you don't want to reupload the original files, then you should ask for help in the appropriate thread for that hack over at vbulletin.org.

Find this template:

forumhome_lastpostby

...and click on [revert to original]

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    Reupload the original vB files and revert your forumhome templates.
    How do I do that? I know how to reupload my original vB file...but I dont understand what you mean by revert my forum home templates. Also is I do that wont I lose my styles and the quick reply hack?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Reupload the original vB files and revert your forumhome templates.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    Also if it help here's the url of my forum if anyone would like to see what Im tlaking about...

http://www.stasislock.com/forum/

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    It also appears to be send the person back to the main forum page when you click the go to first new post button in one of the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclonus888

• Cyclonus888
    replied
    Have you installed any hacks or edited any of the forumhome templates? This works fine in a unhacked forum.
    I installed the quick reply hack

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Have you installed any hacks or edited any of the forumhome templates? This works fine in a unhacked forum.

Leave a comment: