how di i load up my back up sql file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how di i load up my back up sql file

I have save the backup sql to my HDD but i cant find in the instructions where to reload this data back to the site?

Please help!

See Step Three here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I looked at this page, but i dont have telnet access?

Any other ideas via FTP?

Comment

If you don't have Telenet Access ask your host to run the backup for you. Odds are they will.

Comment

Thanks Cary

Will i need to give them any special instructions? apart from http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html ???
          Last edited by glo; Tue 17th Dec '02, 3:41pm.

Comment

Showing them that page and asking them to restore your database should be sufficient. Of course make sure you send them the SQL file!

Comment

Strangest thing happened; backed up the data and I upgraded to 2.2.9 from 2.2.8.

I was mass pruning after the upgrade, and somehow lost all my data except the users.

Upon, having the backup dumped back into MYSQL, the forum works again but somehow reverted back to version 2.2.8? I dont know how and why?

Just curios why and how this could happen?

Comment

You restored the 2.2.8 backup. You need to run upgrade22.php to upgrade this database to 2.2.9.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  You restored the 2.2.8 backup. You need to run upgrade22.php to upgrade this database to 2.2.9.
                  I just thought it would only dump the data, not the old version???

Comment

The version number is in the database as $templateversion.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X