Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Questions regarding install and function.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions regarding install and function.

Hi!

So, I really know zero about this stuff, but I got my forum to work ok. My question is, what if I changed the suffix in "config.php.new" to just "config.php"? I have uploaded 2.9, but the admincp is telling me that I have version 2.8 and that there is a newer version on vb. How bad was it to remove the suffix".new" ? Am I screwed?

Second Q', why is items in the Custom Profile Fields not showing up under my avatars? I fill in the info, but it doesn't actually show-up in the Custom Profile Fields?

Thanks in advance

1. You don;t need 'config.php.new and you do need 'config.php'. As for the version number, is this an upgrade? I can't see how the cversion number would be wrong with a fresh install unless you installed the wrong zip file.

2. You need to add these fields to the postbit template if you want them to be displayed.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X