Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uploading VB database and files to a new server ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading VB database and files to a new server ...

Ok, I have a vb database, about 25mb, saved as a .txt file that I need to import to a new server. I haven't really done anything yet so here's my first question: the forums were on vb 2.2.7, so should I install 2.2.7 then import the DB then upgrade to 2.2.9 or just go with 2.2.9 from the start?

You have two options.

1) Install forum #2 with 2.2.7 then import

OR

2) Upgrade forum #1 to 2.2.9 then import to #2

Comment

Well our old server took a dump so I can't exactly do that. So I guess I need to install 2.2.7 then import then upgrade to 2.2.9?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhailtech
        Well our old server took a dump so I can't exactly do that. So I guess I need to install 2.2.7 then import then upgrade to 2.2.9?
        That would work.

Comment

Ok thanks I'll give it a whirl. If I reply to this thread again then something isn't right ...

Comment

Hmm, ok, here's my question. How do I import the database again? Unless I'm missing something obvious, I don't see how I could do it through the VB control panel. The importer scripts that I was told to download are only for other bulletin boards, not previous version of VB. So what do I do?

Comment

You can't import the database with a script. You need to follow the instructions in Step Three here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok well I already made a clean install of VB 2.2.7 on the server, should I ask tech support to clear the database? Or will my uploading it via SSH automatically overwrite it?

Comment

Restoring a database via the method I posted will overwrite the db.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

K thanks I'll give it a whirl.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X