Inconsistency between index and forumdisplay thread counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistency between index and forumdisplay thread counts

A forum's thread count seems to change between the index and the forumdisplay (when the date cutoff is set to before the first thread, I mean)

Example: http://www.otcentral.com/forum/index.php?s=

As of this posting, Lunatic Lounge has 2218 threads. But when you actually enter the Lunatic Lounge, the count shown just above the threads list says 2222. The forumdisplay thread counter seems to count the "Moved" ghost threads as actual threads, while the index does not.

Updating the thread post counts and forum post counts from the admin CP does not solve this, BTW.
    Last edited by fury; Sun 15th Dec '02, 10:19pm.

Try updating your counters.
    Admin CP --> Import & Maintenance --> Update Counters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
      Try updating your counters.
      Admin CP --> Import & Maintenance --> Update Counters.
      Woops, you posted shortly after I made my edit. Yeah, I did that, the only thing updating counters did was shoot the server load up past 1.00. (I recently converted the board from phpBB to vBulletin so there hasn't been a lot of time for inaccuracies in the counters to build up much, if at all)

Comment

Now that I've removed the "Moved: " ghost threads and updated counters, the count is still inaccurate. It now shows the count minus the two sticky threads at the top of the forum. I see that "+ $stickycount;" was commented out on the line that stores the total threads in a variable, is there a reason it was commented out, or is it supposed to not count sticky threads?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X