User ids not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User ids not working

I just installed my forum on the webserver and it seems that it doesn't recognize any userids. I have the exact same version on my pc and it's working without a problem there.Previously we were using the Ikonboard 3.11 forum and I imported the files from there with the script you offer in the members area.
    This script does not work perfectly for 3.11, the version information says it's designed for 3.02, and since no one helped me on my support ticket regarding this script I had to modify it myself. Actually I didn't modify the script itself, but since the script assigned every user a totally wrong id to every user than they had in the Ikonboard, I had to assign the Ikonboard user ids myself. I wrote every Ikonboard user into the vBulletin user table, put each Ikonboard id in the temporary column in the table, which is created by the script, and switched all column entries for "isnew" to 1. This obviously didn't work, since every time i click on a user on my forum to view the profile information I get the error "Invalid user id", although it does work perfectly on the installation on my pc, which is in my eyes identical. And worse, I can't even login on the mainpage ("Wrong password" error), but the login in the Admin CP works.

Does someone have a suggestion on what I have to change? Or is there a way to assign the correct user ids with the import script?

Our Ikonboard importer does not work with Ikonboard 3.1.x right now. You will need to ask this question on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

But how can it be that it worked without any problems on the installation I have on my PC?

Comment

I don't know. But I do know that we do not support Ikonboard 3.1.x imports.

Comment

Ok, since there are no import scripts for 3.11 on vb.org (although there are requests for it there) I will try to import the files myself.
          If I only want to convert the basics, do I just have to convert the tables which contain the data for "forum", "post", "thread", "user" and "userfield" or is there more that I have to take care of?

Comment

Now I made a completely clean installation of vBulletin 2.2.9 on the server. I uploaded the files from the zip, installed everything by the book and there is still the invalid user message. Someone please tell me what I do wrong here or what I am missing, since I can't figure it out.
            What can cause such a huge error?

Comment

Does no one know of a solution to this problem? It sort of renders the forum useless to us...

Comment

Originally posted by Icheb
                Does no one know of a solution to this problem? It sort of renders the forum useless to us...
                You might want to post this question over at vbulletin.org. As jake said the importer does not work with 3.11 right now, but perhaps someone at vbulletin.org will be able to help you modify it to make it work.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It is no problem with the converter. It even occurs with a clean installation and no imported or changed data.
                  You can view the installation under http://www.a-s-charmed.de/vbulletin/ (I supplied this address in the members area), you will notice that you get the "invalid user" message when you click on the "newest member" link. If you want I can also PM you my login details, so you can verify the wrong password message I get.
                  If it's something obvious that I am missing I am sorry, but I just don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Comment

In that case, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, I posted a reply to the support ticket I issued.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X