Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem in private messages

Hello ,
    One of my users is complaning about problem when trying to get into 2 of her private messages ,
    she gets the error :
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2130687 bytes) in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/private.php(295) : eval()'d code on line 82
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
    anyone know what can be done ?
    and why is this problem accures ?

thank you
    Ben

If you are on a dedicated server, increase the memory setting in your php.ini file to:

memory_limit = 16M

If you are on a shared server, ask your host to do this for you.

Comment

Hello Cary / anyone
      it halped me at the time , but now it happens again
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2665890 bytes) in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/admin/functions.php on line 511
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6 bytes) in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/admin/functions.php on line 2275
      i canged memory_limit to 128 , and also restarted apache , but it doesnt help a bit .

thanks
      Ben

Comment

what version of php are you using ? can you post your phpinfo.php page ?
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

php 4.2.2
          http://dbase.co.il/phpinfo.php

Thanks
          Ben

Comment

try upgrading to php 4.2.3
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
              try upgrading to php 4.2.3
              Thanks Eva ,
              i managed to fix it now by making memory_limit 1024mb.
              my super mod has 35K private msg in her box ..
              i told her to split it , and im now getting the limit back ..

Thanks,
              Ben

Comment

NOOOOOOOOO!

memory_limit is too high and can cause alot of problems especially if you don't have that much free memory to give php itself... i don't recommend more than 16-32MB

older PHP versions and zend optimisers have bugs which show themselves as your problem and can be fixed with latest versions

Comment