Clear All

• nuno
    replied
    heh np

Leave a comment:

• cobradude
    replied
    I figured it out!!!!

It was trying to do the right thing all the time, and I just kept coming back to that error in the event log. After some sleep, it dawned on me....Are the permissions for mailroot appropriate? NO!!! They are now!

I'm all smiles, and I wonder if some of the people who have had this same problem may have been fixed up by a permissions thing. Geez. How stupid I can be, after spending literally a full day trying to figure this out.

Nuno, thank you very much for spending the time with me, it's much appreciated, as I was feeling a little lonely going at this problem myself.

Cheers!

Brent Mills

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    here goes a little php script to test your mail server
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    print mail ('[email protected]'

'No need for reply -- PHP test!'/* subject */

"hi cobradude\nLine 2\n");            /* body    */
    ?>
    Save it as mailtest.php and run it.
    Good luck

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    The faq clearly states localhost.
    Try setting it to 127.0.0.1, both in php.ini and Email Settings SMTP options.

Leave a comment:

• cobradude
    replied
    Nuno, I really appreciate your help, but after reading this stuff, I don't know that I am any closer.

One thing I have noticed is that I get that error in the event viewer when I run either the mail test or try to send mail via vbulletin. It all looks good otherwise.

Now the other thing I noticed is that if I have the php.ini set to localhost, and I set the IP address for the smtp server in the iis utility, when I try to send mail the web page just sits there (globe rolling but nothing else). As soon as I turn the smtp server back to "all unassigned", I just get that error.

How depressing.

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...tml/d5msmq.asp

Leave a comment:

• cobradude
    replied
    Where do I set this? I see if I click on domain I can set the "drop" directory, but I don't see anything about the queu.

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    Try this link
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=7742
    It seems to be related with Relay, are you behind a firewall?

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    Is your Queue directory
    c:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue ?

Leave a comment:

• cobradude
    replied
    Yes, I followed the directions faithfully...Several times.

I'll check the ports, but when I look at the IIS control panel I see that it is started. Also if I go to services, it is started. I just see that invalid queue directory error in the event log numerous times.

I'm confused and crosseyed from futzing with this all day.

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    Are you sure you have followed the configuration instructions faithfully?
    Please check to make sure you have entered the correct values.
    If you cannot get the IIS SMTP service to start, it is usually because
    you have some other server software running on PORT 25.
    Is IIS SMTP service running?

Leave a comment:

• cobradude
    replied
    Yes sir/mam, same as in my script.

The server error that appears to be the same as in member php, etc. is on line 17 of that script.

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    mailtest line 7?
    line 7 is
    Code:
    if ($address=="") {

Leave a comment:

• cobradude
    replied
    Hmmm....Looking at the event viewer, it appears I am getting an event 429. "Virtual Server invalid MailQueue Directory: The specified mail queue directory is not valid. Cannot start the smtp service.

What does this mean exactly?

Leave a comment:

• cobradude
    replied
    Nuno, yes, and I get the same error there, plus the other one people have seen "Undefined variable: address in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\admin\mailtest.php on line 7"

Steve, good catch. I recently moved to my own server, and for some reason when I edited and saved it, it went all crazy (almost like I copied it in binary mode). I opened it in something else, and it added double spaces, but at least it worked. Not sure what happened there but it's working otherwise, and none of the other scripts have a problem other than mail.

mail($destuserinfo[email],$subject,$sendmessage,"From: \"$bbuserinfo[username]\" <$bbuserinfo[email]>");

Thanks for your assistance guys, I'm really wanting to get this straightened out.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X