W2K....Email NOT working....Viewed tons of threads here...*Please help*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K....Email NOT working....Viewed tons of threads here...*Please help*

I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to figure this darn thing out.

I get a server error in xxxx.php (whatever is trying to send mail), and of course I don't get any mail. I have changed the php.ini file many times from localhost to the ip, etc with no luck. I have followed the guide on this site that I think Nunno posted with the pictures of the smtp control panels and such, but I have had no luck at all. Same error each time and with each script that tries to send mail.

Warning: Server Error in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\forums\member.php on line 2897

Any W2K experts that I could call upon for a bit of help getting this working? Thanks a ton!!!

This is a frequent problem with Windows servers. I think this query should fix it. First backup your database, then run this MySQL query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE template SET template = REPLACE(template, "\n", "\r\n");
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately it didn't work. Still the same server error.

Comment

Have you tried running mailtest.php from extras folder?
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

Did you edit member.php? There's only 1459 lines in the default file. What's on line 2897 of yours?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nuno, yes, and I get the same error there, plus the other one people have seen "Undefined variable: address in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\admin\mailtest.php on line 7"

Steve, good catch. I recently moved to my own server, and for some reason when I edited and saved it, it went all crazy (almost like I copied it in binary mode). I opened it in something else, and it added double spaces, but at least it worked. Not sure what happened there but it's working otherwise, and none of the other scripts have a problem other than mail.

mail($destuserinfo[email],$subject,$sendmessage,"From: \"$bbuserinfo[username]\" <$bbuserinfo[email]>");

Thanks for your assistance guys, I'm really wanting to get this straightened out.

Comment

Hmmm....Looking at the event viewer, it appears I am getting an event 429. "Virtual Server invalid MailQueue Directory: The specified mail queue directory is not valid. Cannot start the smtp service.

What does this mean exactly?

Comment

mailtest line 7?
                line 7 is
                Code:
                if ($address=="") {

Comment

Yes sir/mam, same as in my script.

The server error that appears to be the same as in member php, etc. is on line 17 of that script.

Comment

Are you sure you have followed the configuration instructions faithfully?
                    Please check to make sure you have entered the correct values.
                    If you cannot get the IIS SMTP service to start, it is usually because
                    you have some other server software running on PORT 25.
                    Is IIS SMTP service running?

Comment

Yes, I followed the directions faithfully...Several times.

I'll check the ports, but when I look at the IIS control panel I see that it is started. Also if I go to services, it is started. I just see that invalid queue directory error in the event log numerous times.

I'm confused and crosseyed from futzing with this all day.

Comment

Is your Queue directory
                        c:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue ?

Comment

Try this link
                          http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=7742
                          It seems to be related with Relay, are you behind a firewall?

Comment

Where do I set this? I see if I click on domain I can set the "drop" directory, but I don't see anything about the queu.

Comment

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...tml/d5msmq.asp

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X