Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with installation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help with installation

    Everytime i run install.php, i get the screen saying "click here to continue to the next step" and when i click it, nothing happens...

    i am running win2kpro with php installed and have mysql istalled with the service running.... what am i missing??

    please help me

  • #2
    At what step is this happening?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Steve Machol
      At what step is this happening?
      The very first step

      Comment


      • #4
        Have you reuploaded the files? Are you sure you have php installed and running on your system? What's the link to phpinfo.php?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

        Steve Machol Photography


        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Have you reuploaded the files? Are you sure you have php installed and running on your system? What's the link to phpinfo.php?
          actually I'm just trying to test in on my local machine (IIS) first before I upload it to my server.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RONIN-1
            actually I'm just trying to test in on my local machine (IIS) first before I upload it to my server.
            actually, when i run the phpinfo.php i get this message:

            -----------------------------------------------------------------
            <H1>CGI Error</H1>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
            -----------------------------------------------------------------

            then the rest is blank

            Comment


            • #7
              Is PHP running as a CGI app? If so, you'll need to put the location of php in your .php scripts and possibly chmod the files to 755 as well.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

              Steve Machol Photography


              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Is PHP running as a CGI app? If so, you'll need to put the location of php in your .php scripts and possibly chmod the files to 755 as well.
                Well im running IIS on a win2kpro machine, and i used the php.exe to install my php...

                dunno what to do ???

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RONIN-1
                  Well im running IIS on a win2kpro machine, and i used the php.exe to install my php...

                  dunno what to do ???
                  I think i got it working. thanks!!!

                  Comment

                  Loading...
                  Working...
                  X