Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Load Averages. What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Load Averages. What does this mean?

This is probably a common question but I didn't find any answers in a search.

When I go to my control panel, I see at the top:

Server Load Averages 0.00, 0.07, 0.08 72 users online (39 members & 33 guests).

What does this mean? Are the amount of users and average per hour? Thanks!

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=46037
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

Mucho thanks. That helps.

But it didn't explain what the number of members or guest represents.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanJeff
        Mucho thanks. That helps.

But it didn't explain what the number of members or guest represents.
        That's how many members and guests are accessing your forums at that time.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          That's how many members and guests are accessing your forums at that time.
          I see. I was really confused because the numbers seemed to increase if I increased the User and Registration Option for Timeout for Cookie to 3600. Does this impact that number? How does that work? What was the default number for that?

I notice some users with an asterik besides their name in the user list on the front page of the forum. I don't know why this is either.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes, the number will increase when you change the cookie timeout because members will be logged in longer.

The asterisk is for members that have chosen to be 'invisible' on the forums. However Admins have vBRay Vision and can see these members anyway.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol

The asterisk is for members that have chosen to be 'invisible' on the forums. However Admins have vBRay Vision and can see these members anyway.
              Oooooo... I can SEE ALL!!!! I like!

What is a good default for the cookie setting? Is an hour really long? I don't want people to be logged out in mid-post.

Comment

Most people leave it set to the default of 900 (15 minutes.)

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X