Weird Birthday Results - date wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Birthday Results - date wrong

A member contacted me to tell me her birthday was showing up incorrectly, that she'd inputted 30th January 1968 but it kept showing up as December 31 1969. So she removed it

I put her birthday in, via cp - in the correct 19680130 format but checking her profile it is showing Dec 31 1969 (it still shows the correct Jan 30th date in CP)

What is happening?

Originally posted by good2laugh
    A member contacted me to tell me her birthday was showing up incorrectly, that she'd inputted 30th January 1968 but it kept showing up as December 31 1969. So she removed it

I put her birthday in, via cp - in the correct 19680130 format but checking her profile it is showing Dec 31 1969 (it still shows the correct Jan 30th date in CP)

What is happening?

Search these forums and you will find your fix. Been there and done that. There are about 10 different threads on this issue.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rfdesq
      Search these forums and you will find your fix. Been there and done that. There are about 10 different threads on this issue.

Robert
      I did search and all I got was happy birthday messages, which is why I have posted my question. Thank you!!

Comment

Here's the post with the fix:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...737#post303737

To fix this you need to find this line in member.php:

$birthday = @date($calformat1,mktime(0,0,0,$bday[1],$bday[2],$bday[0]));

And replace it with:

$birthday = @date($calformat2,mktime(0,0,0,$bday[1],$bday[2],1993)) . ", $bday[0]";
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Here's the post with the fix:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...737#post303737

To fix this you need to find this line in member.php:

$birthday = @date($calformat1,mktime(0,0,0,$bday[1],$bday[2],$bday[0]));

And replace it with:

$birthday = @date($calformat2,mktime(0,0,0,$bday[1],$bday[2],1993)) . ", $bday[0]";

Steve,

Thank you! works like a charm now.

Comment

Working...
          X