Two VB's on One Domain and Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two VB's on One Domain and Cookies

I have two VB's on one domain. The real forum is at http://www.cavycompendium.com/forums . I have a test board at http://www.cavycompendium.com/testvb that I use to test hacks and add ons at before they are added to the real forum. The problem I am having is with cookies. I am testing a chat hack that is dependant upon cookies being in the proper location or the chat hack will show you as an unregistered user even though you are logged in.

I have the following settings on the testvb

Path to save cookies
    testvb/forums/

I have nothing set on the Cookie Domain

This setting is obviously not working right. When I try to enter chat, I get the unregistered user message. If I leave the board and come back, I am logged out whereas that does not occur on the real forums. I am certain this is a cookie related issue and likely a bad setting on my part.

Thanks for any help ahead of time.
    ~*------<<=>>------*~
    Cavy Seek
    A Community for All!
    ~*------<<=>>------*~

Your cookie path for http://www.cavycompendium.com/forums should be /forums/

Your cookie path for http://www.cavycompendium.com/testvb should be /testvb/

Comment

Thanks for the help. It worked perfectly. All had to do was manually delete the cookies and it worked after I made the changes.
      ~*------<<=>>------*~
      Cavy Seek
      A Community for All!
      ~*------<<=>>------*~

Comment

Do you have two licenses though? Although it's a test board, it does have outside world viewability and functionality.... I'm not sure what the legality of that is, however.
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

No regular members are allowed on the test board. It is strictly for testing and nothing more. If you know of a good trick to make it non-viewable to the outside, then I am open for it. I only want my moderator team able to access it for strictly testing purposes.
          ~*------<<=>>------*~
          Cavy Seek
          A Community for All!
          ~*------<<=>>------*~

Comment

Originally posted by GraphicW
            No regular members are allowed on the test board. It is strictly for testing and nothing more. If you know of a good trick to make it non-viewable to the outside, then I am open for it. I only want my moderator team able to access it for strictly testing purposes.
            I'd set new registrations to no and to then set Guests to not be able to view the board.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I do not want to be breaking any VBulletin rules. I will take the actions you specified.
              ~*------<<=>>------*~
              Cavy Seek
              A Community for All!
              ~*------<<=>>------*~

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I do not want to be breaking any VBulletin rules. I will take the actions you specified.
                Of course that's just a recommendation, you might want to get a final word from someone like Cary on wether or not you have to. I would though.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                  Of course that's just a recommendation, you might want to get a final word from someone like Cary on wether or not you have to. I would though.
                  You are correct. In order to have a 'test vB' the forum must not be accessible by the general public.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I may go a step further and add an .htaccess to the driectory to completely restrict the general public altogether. I should be completely legal by then.
                    ~*------<<=>>------*~
                    Cavy Seek
                    A Community for All!
                    ~*------<<=>>------*~

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I may go a step further and add an .htaccess to the driectory to completely restrict the general public altogether. I should be completely legal by then.
                      I don't think you'll have to do that now, as I see you've already restricted the access. You should be all set now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X