Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation of a member postings

Hello!

I want to moderate the postings of 2-3 members of my forum. How can i do that? I can't find such option on my CP

I want to read all postings of these members before their postings appear on board.

Thanks in advance.

Login to the mod/ directory (instead of admin/) and you can see how to moderate

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
      Login to the mod/ directory (instead of admin/) and you can see how to moderate
      I logged in as a mod, and still don't see how to moderate...

Should I create new group and to add these 2-3 members, and then moderate them?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasi
        I logged in as a mod, and still don't see how to moderate...

Should I create new group and to add these 2-3 members, and then moderate them?
        Hi Vasi,

I don't think you can do this without using a hack. There is one over at vbulletin.org that allows you to moderate by user group, and if you install that hack you can create a user group for these people. I use the hack, and it works beautifully, letting me moderate posts from the morons and the untested newly registered and unregistered users. I also use a hack that sends me an e-mail every time a message enters the moderator queue.

Regards,
        Steve Price

Comment

steveprice , is there exact address or insturction to this hack?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasi
            steveprice , is there exact address or insturction to this hack?
            Hi again,

It's http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=36698

The one that notifies you by e-mail when a message enters the moderator queue, another hack, is very useful to use along with this one. If you go to vbulletin.org and search, I'm sure you will find it. If not, let me know and I'll dig it out for you.
            Steve Price

Comment

i think creating a new user group and moderating their posts would be the best way, as hacking isnt allways the answer (even though it is fun )

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by Automated
                i think creating a new user group and moderating their posts would be the best way, as hacking isnt allways the answer (even though it is fun )

Matthew
                The problem is that you need a hack to moderate posts from a particular user group.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X