Quick question about userid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about userid

I'm curious why my userid as admin is set to '1' but the userid of my first member is that of '3'

What happend to 2?

Originally posted by DanIAm
    I'm curious why my userid as admin is set to '1' but the userid of my first member is that of '3'

What happend to 2?
    the user has been deleted, that is the only reason the userid would not exist.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
      the user has been deleted, that is the only reason the userid would not exist.
      Yes, this makes sence. Is there any way to make the member with userid 3 show userid 2? Is there not some sort of update userid button?

Comment

Nope, it would be nice... But confusing at it would update each and every thread, post, avatar, ect and cause alot of trouble / confusion.
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by DanIAm
          Yes, this makes sence. Is there any way to make the member with userid 3 show userid 2? Is there not some sort of update userid button?
          Not really. If you were to do that, then all the data for every post, buddy list, thread, etc. would have to be altered to reflect the changes. So goes it with every userid above the deleted userid.

I used to be kinda anal about keeping them all nicely stacked and in order, with no gaps, but then when faced with the fact that it would take far more maintenance and care than I would be willing to put into it, just to keep some ID's straight, I said "screw it."

If you still want to do it, you'll have to write a PHP script that scans the relevant parts of the database for every instance of userid=3 and change it to 2.
          iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Hehe, 1 minute after me and a better say of what i said
            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info everyone!

Comment

Why not create a new feature (or hack) that when a new user registers their userid is automatically the lowest userid number available? I'm going to assume this prime to be snipered by a mod to be suggested as a hack
                John Bilicki III
                Webmaster of JAB Creations

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X