Can't connect to MySQL server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect to MySQL server

I don't know if this is a bug. I doubt it as I have never seen it mentioned before...

But if your MySQL server is down and vBulletin is loaded in someone's web browser, you get the standard "There seems to have been a slight problem with the database" message.

But on top of that you get
    Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in c:\phpdev\www\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in c:\phpdev\www\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 40
    Is that text supposed to be there? I mean, aren't errors supposed to be put in the source in a comment?

Or am I being an idiot and this is something PHP does and there is no way around it?

Originally posted by DWZ
    I don't know if this is a bug. I doubt it as I have never seen it mentioned before...

But if your MySQL server is down and vBulletin is loaded in someone's web browser, you get the standard "There seems to have been a slight problem with the database" message.

But on top of that you get[/b]Is that text supposed to be there? I mean, aren't errors supposed to be put in the source in a comment?

Or am I being an idiot and this is something PHP does and there is no way around it?
    post your phpinfo page
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
      post your phpinfo page
      See attached.

It also was happening on AusForum (phpinfo: http://www.ausforum.com/phpinfo/) which is where I first noticed it (MySQL is up again on that though)

Comment

Originally posted by DWZ

But on top of that you get[/b]Is that text supposed to be there? I mean, aren't errors supposed to be put in the source in a comment?

Yeah, actually. If the system can determine that you are an Admin, it will show the error on the screen. This was implemented a while back but I forgot which version, would have to review the change long.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Yeah, actually. If the system can determine that you are an Admin, it will show the error on the screen. This was implemented a while back but I forgot which version, would have to review the change long.
          ahh, ok, thats cool

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X