Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private message info. not showing up on front page at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private message info. not showing up on front page at all?

Hello,

All I did was a few template modifications, and now my site, www.baseballforum.com which I'm tryign to make a design for isn't showing the private messaging information. The bar isn't showing up and neither is some variables that I was trying to put in as you can see on the right side of the site.

Does anyone know if there may be something which I accidently deleted from the default template which will prevent showing PM variables on the front page?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Dan
    Dan Gessler

What PM 'bar and variables'? Is this from a hack?

One thing to check is to make sure $pminfo in in your forumhome template.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      What PM 'bar and variables'? Is this from a hack?

One thing to check is to make sure $pminfo in in your forumhome template.
      What I meant by the PM bar was the $pminfo which would display the PM info below the forum with user's online, etc. Nothing is from a hack, I just did some template editing in dreamweaver and made a right side bar nested inside a table with the forum on the main page. And by variables I mean, I was going to not use the $pminfo default "bar", but rather make my own with customized text. For example "Unread messages: 5; Total PM's: 30".

But I just picked up working from this from a few months ago, so maybe I'll start over again.

Thanks,
      Dan
      Dan Gessler

Comment

Originally posted by dgessler
        What I meant by the PM bar was the $pminfo which would display the PM info below the forum with user's online, etc. Nothing is from a hack, I just did some template editing in dreamweaver and made a right side bar nested inside a table with the forum on the main page. And by variables I mean, I was going to not use the $pminfo default "bar", but rather make my own with customized text. For example "Unread messages: 5; Total PM's: 30".

But I just picked up working from this from a few months ago, so maybe I'll start over again.

Thanks,
        Dan
        Ah. Just figured out the problem. PM'ing was turned off for some reason, weird. I turned it back on on my account and now it's working.
        Dan Gessler

Comment

Originally posted by dgessler
          Ah. Just figured out the problem. PM'ing was turned off for some reason, weird. I turned it back on on my account and now it's working.
          That would do it!
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X