Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toonarific
    nope, still get the same error message
    Rename the attached file 'mailtest2.php' and upload it to your forums directory. Then run it from your browser. Using your email address as a test, what happens? Any errors? Do you get the email?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

these were the errors I got:

Sending Message - Method One...
      Warning: Server Error in W:\www-toonarific\forum\mailtest2.php on line 33
      Done.

Sending Message - Method Two...
      Warning: Server Error in W:\www-toonarific\forum\mailtest2.php on line 41
      Done.

If all goes well, the email address you specified should receive two email messages, one with 'Method One' in the subject and the other with 'Method Two' in the subject.

Comment

It would appear that your server does not have permission to access the remote SMTP server. You'll need to contact the host of that server for advice on how to connect to it.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

whats strange about that is that I created a new email account using that smtp server and sent a test message through outlook express to the "theredman01" email address, and it went fine.

Comment

This is probably because Outlook Express is authrorized to access the server through a username and password. However no such authorization takes place when PHP processes the email. This is why mailtest2.php didn't work. it's not a vB issue. It's a problem between your PHP and the SMTP server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ah, I see. so what exactly would I request from them after I get them on the phone to see if I can get the php and smtp to match up correctly?

Comment

I have no idea. Frankly if they require some kind of authorization (username and password) then you'll have to hack this into the vB script. I can't imagine that would be very easy. In fact, I think it would probably be much easier to install and run your own mail server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

lol. I've been trying to do that too. I've been working on getting ms exchange enterprise edition to run, but havent been able to yet

Comment

Working...
                  X