confirmation emails not sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confirmation emails not sending

My board accepts members, but they do not get email confirmations to fully register their accounts, so they are just sitting in hiatus. This is the error I get

Warning: Server Error in W:\www-toonarific\forum\member.php on line 166

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok, the file has been uploaded

Comment

And the URL would be............?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by toonarific
          ok, the file has been uploaded
          whats the URL

eg. http://yourserver/~/phpinfo.php

Comment

lol

woops

http://www.toonarific.com/forum/phpinfo.php

the board itself is at:

http://www.toonarific.com/forum/

Comment

'Cannot find server'

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I just checked and didnt get that problem. maybe it was a surge of traffic at that time

Comment

I still can't access your site. There's a problem at the telocity.com hop:

Code:
                  12/06/02 12:47:52 Fast traceroute www.toonarific.com
                  Trace www.toonarific.com (65.189.254.37) ...
                   1   No Response      *      *      *                 
                   2 68.98.226.1      12ms   14ms   10ms  TTL:  0  (ip68-98-226-1.ph.ph.cox.net ok)
                   3 68.2.0.17        18ms   12ms   12ms  TTL:  0  (ip68-2-0-17.ph.ph.cox.net ok)
                   4 68.2.0.9         14ms   15ms   11ms  TTL:  0  (ip68-2-0-9.ph.ph.cox.net ok)
                   5 68.2.14.13       17ms   27ms   13ms  TTL:  0  (chnddsrc02-gew0303.rd.ph.cox.net ok)
                   6 68.1.0.168       13ms   12ms   11ms  TTL:  0  (chndbbrc02-pos0101.rd.ph.cox.net ok)
                   7 68.1.0.146       34ms   32ms   33ms  TTL:  0  (dllsbbrc01-pos0102.rd.dl.cox.net ok)
                   8 68.1.0.143       40ms   32ms   35ms  TTL:  0  (dllsbbrc02-pos0100.rd.dl.cox.net ok)
                   9 209.246.152.233  39ms   33ms   32ms  TTL:  0  (unknown.Level3.net fraudulent rDNS)
                  10 209.244.15.146   38ms   34ms   33ms  TTL:  0  (pos5-0.core2.Dallas1.Level3.net ok)
                  11 209.244.15.74    33ms   35ms   33ms  TTL:  0  (gige10-2.ipcolo1.Dallas1.Level3.net ok)
                  12 209.246.152.62   35ms   33ms   31ms  TTL:  0  (100m-core1.dfw.tlct.net ok)
                  13 216.227.96.83    43ms   34ms   33ms  TTL:  0  (e14-1.amux2.dfw.tlct.net ok)
                  14 65.189.254.38   975ms    *      *    TTL:  0  (dsl-65-189-254-38.telocity.com ok)
                  15   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  16   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  17   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  18   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  19   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  20   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  21   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  22   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  23   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  24   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  25   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  26   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  27   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  28   No Response      *      *      *                 
                  29   No Response      *      *      *

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok, I finally got through. I notice that your phpinfio lists 'smtp.directvinternet.com' as the SMTP server. You will need to verify with your host that this is the correct server to use. Most systems use 'localhost' as the SMTP server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

everything runs off of my own server. the smtp server I have is what I use to send email from my pc, and was given to me by my isp

Comment

So the email works fine from your system when you use 'smtp.directvinternet.com' as the SMTP server?

If so, do this. Backup your database, then run this MySQL query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE template SET template = REPLACE(template, "\n", "\r\n");

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok, I did that. now what do I need to do?

Comment

Originally posted by toonarific
                            ok, I did that. now what do I need to do?
                            Did it fix the problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

nope, still get the same error message

Comment

Working...
                              X