Private forum not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private forum not showing up

I recently changed my vBulletin settings so that private forums are invisible to those who have not been given access. However, one user can not see the forum. I double checked the access masks and he does have the rights to see the forum. Any idea what is wrong. I am on a intranet so I cant give you a URL. I am running on WINNT 4.0 Server, PHP 4.1.2, MySQL 3.23.49, and vBulletin 2.2.9. I just upgraded from 2.2.8 a few days ago. Thank you for anyone who can help.

Originally posted by sbeard
    I recently changed my vBulletin settings so that private forums are invisible to those who have not been given access. However, one user can not see the forum. I double checked the access masks and he does have the rights to see the forum. Any idea what is wrong. I am on a intranet so I cant give you a URL. I am running on WINNT 4.0 Server, PHP 4.1.2, MySQL 3.23.49, and vBulletin 2.2.9. I just upgraded from 2.2.8 a few days ago. Thank you for anyone who can help.
    Well, I got it so he could see the forums. I deleted his account and had him re-register. I gave him access to the private forum but he still couldnt see the forums. So, I had him maunally log out, delete his cookies, temp internet files, and history. Then go back to the forums and log back in. He then could see it. Does anyone know why this happened? Could have been some type of cookie session thing?

Comment

Yep, it sounds like a corrupted cookie.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
      X