Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions

Hi all...

I wanna do some changes on my vb and i am wondering wiether there are some hacks that do them or not:

1- PM: i want the admins to be able to send PM to members but i don't want members to send any PM.

2- for one forum i want every 15 posts to be equal to 1..(i.e on e a member writes 15 post in this forum his counter will be increased by 1 only)

3- i was trying to install the VB on my machine to do the tests instead of doing them online but i could not do it..i instaled the PHPmu admin and PHP and INTERNET SERVER (on windows2000) but every time i try to install the VB i got a blanck page on the second page and nothing happen...

this is for now but i have more...

1. Ask over at the hacking site - vbulletin.org.

2. Same as #1

3. Blank pages are usually the result of whitespace or extras lines before the <?php or after the ?> in one of the php files, most notably config.php.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      1. Ask over at the hacking site - vbulletin.org.

2. Same as #1

3. Blank pages are usually the result of whitespace or extras lines before the <?php or after the ?> in one of the php files, most notably config.php.
      thanx 4 ur replay.
      but the config file is the same one that i used in my site and it is working there..

Comment

If it's running on your other site, why are you running install.php? Why not just copy the files and database to the new site?

Also are you moving servers or setting up a new forum? it would help if you tell us what you are trying to do.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          If it's running on your other site, why are you running install.php? Why not just copy the files and database to the new site?

Also are you moving servers or setting up a new forum? it would help if you tell us what you are trying to do.
          thanx 4 ur replay but u misunderstood me...what i wanna do is to install VB on my own pc to try the hack b4 implementing them on the online forum

Comment

In that case it sounds like either PHP or MySQL is not installed or configured correctly. Hard to tell for sure without access to the machine in question.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i don't think so coz i installed many php programs such as phpnuke and they are working fine...i on;y got this prob;em with the VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X