X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sql Error

what does this mean?

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.8:

Invalid SQL: SELECT *,INSTR(',26,24,-1,', CONCAT(',', forumid, ',') ) AS ordercontrol FROM access WHERE userid= AND (forumid='26' OR forumid='24' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND (forumid='26' OR forumid='24' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Thursday 05th of December 2002 0295 PM
    Script: /forums/fo...php?postid=3836
    Referer:

Originally posted by seby
    what does this mean?

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.8:

Invalid SQL: SELECT *,INSTR(',26,24,-1,', CONCAT(',', forumid, ',') ) AS ordercontrol FROM access WHERE userid= AND (forumid='26' OR forumid='24' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND (forumid='26' OR forumid='24' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Thursday 05th of December 2002 0295 PM
    Script: /forums/fo...php?postid=3836
    Referer:
    Reupload your original 2.2.8 files in ASCII format. Remove any hacks you have installed.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveShack
      Reupload your original 2.2.8 files in ASCII format. Remove any hacks you have installed.
      can you explain what the error means? your telling me I have to reinstall vb? i don't have a really hacked board, only quick reply ..

Comment

You do not need to run install.php again. Simply upload the contents of the upload folder of your vbulletin228.zip using ASCII mode. I have no idea what the error means. You failed to say:
        1. What you were doing when this occured
        2. If you've modified vbulletin's code in any way
        The query that appears in the error above is in admin/functions.php (I had originally posted bbimport.php, but my software is slightly buggy when searching at times--sorry):

PHP Code:
        $forums=getforumlist($forumid,"forumid","OR",$parentlist);
        if (
        $enableaccess==AND $access=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT *,INSTR(',$parentlist,', CONCAT(',', forumid, ',') )
        AS ordercontrol FROM access WHERE userid=
        $userid AND $forums ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1")) { 
        You're going to need to give more information if you want additional assistance with this.

Best wishes,
        Paul

Edit: You edited your post while I was replying. If you've installed hacks, you'll need to ask your question over at vbulletin.org. While you may have only installed one hack, there's a possibility you made a change that set off a nasty chain of events in your code.

Reupload the original files from your upload folder (excluding any upgradexx.php and install.php scripts) in ascii mode. If the problem still exists, then you can at least isolate that it's not hack related.

If it works after you've reuploaded the files, reapply whatever hack you've installed per the instructions from vbulletin.org. If you see the problems again after doing so, let the hack's author know something is messed up.
        Last edited by Paul; Thu 5th Dec '02, 11:48pm.

Comment

its been running with Quick reply box for sometime now.. i got the error messages via email so I wasn't on the site at the time of the error, all i know is my inbox was full of the error above...

anyway, if I get more errors i'll find the cause, but since I can't seem to duplicate the error i will leave it at that.

thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X