Funny HTML anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny HTML anomaly

When creating a table inside of a post with HTML enabled (and yes I am fully aware of the security risks, but I will be the only one able to post it in a particular forum, so it's a non-issue), the table is displayed, but only after an extremely long line of about 100 or so mysterious line breaks down the page. The table code is perfect, and it occurs on every table I try to insert, yet the breaks do not appear when editing that same post. Why would this be happening, and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Originally posted by LanciaStratos
    When creating a table inside of a post with HTML enabled (and yes I am fully aware of the security risks, but I will be the only one able to post it in a particular forum, so it's a non-issue), the table is displayed, but only after an extremely long line of about 100 or so mysterious line breaks down the page. The table code is perfect, and it occurs on every table I try to insert, yet the breaks do not appear when editing that same post. Why would this be happening, and is there anything I can do to prevent it?
    Sounds like an auto BR problem. Make sure there are NO line breaks in the HTML table code.
    Because
    Code:
    <table><tr>
         <td>Hi</td>
    </tr></table>
    turns into
    Code:
    <table><tr><BR>
         <td>Hi</td><BR>
    </tr></table>

Comment

Ah, I'd say that's what it is. Now, is there any way I can quickly and easily get rid of all the whitespace?

Comment

Working...
      X