Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really strange problem: can someone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really strange problem: can someone help?

I have one really really really weird cache problem.

The facts are these: on my forum, for some reasons, with IE any version, the pages gets cached and ppl think no one posted since they see the old version and not the new up-to-date version with all the new posts. This is especially true if you have a proxy and not a direct connection.

This happens only with IE, and not with Mozilla/netscape), and you can easily fix this by forcing a true reload (F5 is not enough, CTRL-F5 fix it). The problem is that you have to hit CTRL F5 EVERYTIME to see the actual page and not the cached one... and no user know about this of course and they go away from my board.

I've thought of bad headers, but that's not the case, i checked them and they seems fine to me.

I've though of everything and tried everything, but can't find the reason or fix it.

Can someone help please?

http://forum.m4d.sm/

I can give you all the info you need, even direct access to server if you can help me with this.... thanks in advance.
    Omero
    Info: Mad4Games Admin
    Welcome Home Netgamer

Originally posted by Omero
    I have one really really really weird cache problem.

The facts are these: on my forum, for some reasons, with IE any version, the pages gets cached and ppl think no one posted since they see the old version and not the new up-to-date version with all the new posts. This is especially true if you have a proxy and not a direct connection.

This happens only with IE, and not with Mozilla/netscape), and you can easily fix this by forcing a true reload (F5 is not enough, CTRL-F5 fix it). The problem is that you have to hit CTRL F5 EVERYTIME to see the actual page and not the cached one... and no user know about this of course and they go away from my board.

I've thought of bad headers, but that's not the case, i checked them and they seems fine to me.

I've though of everything and tried everything, but can't find the reason or fix it.

Can someone help please?

http://forum.m4d.sm/

I can give you all the info you need, even direct access to server if you can help me with this.... thanks in advance.
    Make sure Add No-cache headers is turned on in Admin CP > vB Options.

Best wishes,
    Paul

Comment

Working...
    X