This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What portal should I use??

All I want to do is have it so, the 5 most recent threads are always shrown on my main page at www.ryanmcbain.com what portal should I use to do this, and is this possiable?

You really should be asking this over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You really should be asking this over at vbulletin.org.
      I would be they are slow to reply. Im sure some body knows here

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan McBain
        I would be they are slow to reply. Im sure some body knows here
        We're slower over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
          We're slower over here.
          then I guess its gonna be a long wait. thanks for the "help" in your reply by the way...

Comment

then I guess its gonna be a long wait. thanks for the "help" in your reply by the way...
            You're Very Welcome. Steve gave you the best answer there is. Go post over at http://vbulletin.org

Believe it or not you'll probably get a faster reply over there.

Comment

I'll help you out.

There are many options to choose from.

I have found that the best portal system that will integrate with vbulletin is vBHome (lite) which you can find here.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=36756

What you should do is install that hack, and if you only want the latest threads on a non-vb page, then strip out all the coding that you don't need.

There are other portal systems such as vBportal, vbindex, etc.. I have found that the vBHome Lite portal is the easiest to install, easiest to customize, and the codest the best (gives the least amount of queries).

Now, if you don't want to install a portal, there is a hack that will allow you to only show the latest threads on a non-vB page. That hack can be located here.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=12324

You can see that hack in action on a beta page I have set up

www.fusionarena.com/newindex.php

Though this hack is very hard to customize.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Visionray
                I'll help you out.

There are many options to choose from.

I have found that the best portal system that will integrate with vbulletin is vBHome (lite) which you can find here.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=36756

What you should do is install that hack, and if you only want the latest threads on a non-vb page, then strip out all the coding that you don't need.

There are other portal systems such as vBportal, vbindex, etc.. I have found that the vBHome Lite portal is the easiest to install, easiest to customize, and the codest the best (gives the least amount of queries).

Now, if you don't want to install a portal, there is a hack that will allow you to only show the latest threads on a non-vB page. That hack can be located here.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=12324

You can see that hack in action on a beta page I have set up

www.fusionarena.com/newindex.php

Though this hack is very hard to customize.

Hope that helps.
                Thank you very much Visionray, unlike Cary you were very nice and not being an a$$. This will work nicely, thank you very much.

Comment

Thank you very much Visionray, unlike Cary you were very nice and not being an a$$. This will work nicely, thank you very much.
                  No one was being an "a$$", it's just discussions regarding hacking belong at www.vbulletin.org, not here
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

Sorry Ryan but that remark was uncalled for. It's been a long-standing policy to move all discussions concerning hacks to vbulletin.org. This will allow us more time to focus on providing direct support for true vB related problems and questions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry Ryan but that remark was uncalled for. It's been a long-standing policy to move all discussions concerning hacks to vbulletin.org. This will allow us more time to focus on providing direct support for true vB related problems and questions.
                      Im sorry, didnt mean to make it sound like I was being rude, I just took it as if he was being rude to me. I take it back, I guess I was in a bad mood...

Comment

Yeah it didn't sound like you. Everyone gets is a bad mood from time to time.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

While I agree that actual discussions and help regarding hacks shouldn't be discussed here, I don't think it hurts to point people in the right direction (ie link to a thread) if you know where the answer can be found. He obviously said he had a hard time finding an answer over there, so I just gave him links over there instead of answering his question here.

Comment

Thank you for your very stupid reply to Cary.
                            Cary told you to goto vBulletin.org - and therefor helped as should . If you are THAT inpatient, it is your problem. Be nice to other people here.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                              Thank you for your very stupid reply to Cary.
                              Cary told you to goto vBulletin.org - and therefor helped as should . If you are THAT inpatient, it is your problem. Be nice to other people here.
                              The topic is done, no need to jump in and take pots shots at me. I already said I was sorry. Leave it alone...xiphoid

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X