Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings errors!

To whom this may concern:

I've been having problems with the ratings in vb 2.2.8. Everytime I try to rate a thread, I get this eror message:

Code:
     The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. 
    Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
    I click the (below) link again, and the same error appers!

Please advise!
    Last edited by Rolodex; Tue 3rd Dec '02, 4:40pm.
    Is it true that "Cannibals" don't eat Clowns because they taste funny? :eek:

Is this only happening to you? Have any of your members reported a problem?

Are you browsing your board with or without cookies?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Is this only happening to you? Have any of your members reported a problem?

Are you browsing your board with or without cookies?
      It's happening to all members ... and I have cookies enabled for everyone!

Comment

Have you installed any hacks? Also did you make any changes to the 'Cookie Domain' and/or 'Path to save cookies'?

Can you provide a test account to test this with?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Have you installed any hacks? Also did you make any changes to the 'Cookie Domain' and/or 'Path to save cookies'?

There's no hacks in the code at all ... some of my templates still have the hack code but none of the php files are hacked yet.

Comment

What about my other two questions?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What about my other two questions?
              For starters Steve, I can't allow you acess to our intranet. The boys who run the server won't like the fact that someone out of the company is accessing their server. Second, you only ask me two questions and I already answered one of them.

No offense Steve, but I'm not a complete idiot. It states that you don't have to enter anything in the cookie domain for it to work. I didn't have any problems with this part before, until I installed vB 2.2.8 (Was previously running 2.2.6).

I can't seem to download 2.2.9 from the member's area (continues to download a "Zero-byte file on every attempt) and I have contacted someone (Carey) about this problem and I haven't received anything other than him wanting me to relay (For the second time) my customer ID, and password.

I just want someone to tell me why this is happening, that's all.

Comment

Count again. It sure looks like three question to me.

I fully understand about the Intranet but I honestly didn't know this was an Inttranet until you pointed it out.

As for the zip download, are you running any firewall software? I have heard reports that Norton in particular can cause problems with the download. If you are running a firewall, try disabling it just long enough to download the zip file.

As for Cary, all he's offering to do is download your zip file for you and email it to you. That's pretty good customer service in my book!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Count again. It sure looks like three question to me.

I fully understand about the Intranet but I honestly didn't know this was an Inttranet until you pointed it out.

As for the zip download, are you running any firewall software? I have heard reports that Norton in particular can cause problems with the download. If you are running a firewall, try disabling it just long enough to download the zip file.

As for Cary, all he's offering to do is download your zip file for you and email it to you. That's pretty good customer service in my book!
                  I know, ... I thank him for lending a hand but I haven't got anything from the first e-mail I sent.

About that other problem ... it appears that i'm logged in but for some reason, it isn't recording the session. I've turned on & off the cookie browsing, optimized the session/user/threadrating tables and the ratings still won't stick!

Yipes!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolodex
                    I know, ... I thank him for lending a hand but I haven't got anything from the first e-mail I sent.

About that other problem ... it appears that i'm logged in but for some reason, it isn't recording the session. I've turned on & off the cookie browsing, optimized the session/user/threadrating tables and the ratings still won't stick!

Yipes!
                    Another possibility is that your session table is screwed up. You can try this query to emply that table:

DELETE FROM session;

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Another possibility is that your session table is screwed up. You can try this query to emply that table:

DELETE FROM session;
                      Will this screw up anything? I mean ... won't this fowl up any sessions that were recorded for anyone trying to acess threads they posted before?

Comment

The only thing that may happen is that some people who are browsing the forums without cookies may need to relogin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The only thing that may happen is that some people who are browsing the forums without cookies may need to relogin.
                          i'll give it a try ... I hope this works!
                          Thanks Steve!

Comment

To whom this may concern:

I've been having problems with the ratings in vb 2.2.8. Everytime I try to rate a thread, I get this eror message:

Code:
                             The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. 
                            Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
                            I click the (below) link again, and the same error appers!

Please advise!
                            Steve, since you're the only one helping us here today, I wanted to ask about that new table that was inserted when I upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 (althash) ... how does this table fit into the scheme of things with the session table? What's it purpose?

My board was working fine until I upgraded ... i've been fiddling around with this problem all day and the only thing I can come to any conclusion is with that table! I've posted a lot of test threads, thinking that this table will somehow populate with some sort of data, but nothings going into it.

The session table is being filled but "nothing doing" in that one?

Please advise ...

BTW, i'm a Java Programmer, but this Labrynth PHP Board program is one complicated piece of work!

Comment

Steve, since you're the only one helping us here today, I wanted to ask about that new table that was inserted when I upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 (althash) ... how does this table fit into the scheme of things with the session table? What's it purpose?

My board was working fine until I upgraded ... i've been fiddling around with this problem all day and the only thing I can come to any conclusion is with that table! I've posted a lot of test threads, thinking that this table will somehow populate with some sort of data, but nothings going into it.

The session table is being filled but "nothing doing" in that one?

Please advise ...

BTW, i'm a Java Programmer, but this Labrynth PHP Board program is one complicated piece of work!
                              After reviewing the threadrate.php code, I found this piece of code that is sending the error message to me:

Code:
                               if ($s!=$session['dbsessionhash']) {
                                $newurl = replacesession($scriptpath);
                                eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("error_invalidsession")."\");");
                              }
                              What IYO, might cause this to display the error template?

Comment

Working...
                              X