Text in the Imput Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text in the Imput Fields

What is the code that inserts text into the input fields of the login prompt?

Here is my code:

<form action="member.php" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]">
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">
    <input type="text" class="bginput" name="username" size="7" value="username">
    <input type="password" class="bginput" name="password" size="7" value="password">
    <input type="submit" class="bginput" value="Login!">
    </form>

Here is the code from the picture above:

<form action="member.php" method="post">
    <tr>

<td nowrap align=right><font class="sf"><b>Not cookied?</b><br>Login with username and password:</font></td>
    </tr><tr>

<td nowrap align=right><input type="hidden" name="s" value="bb45cf602fcf1afed706adec0a1b58dc">
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">
    <input type="text" class="bginput" name="username" size="10" value="username" onFocus="this.value='';">
    <input type="password" class="bginput" name="password" size="10" value="password" onFocus="this.value='';">
    <input type="submit" class="bginput" value="Login!"></td>
    </tr>
    </form>
    In my login, the text is not showing up and I would like it to. I know it must be right in front of me, but what am I doing wrong?
    Jake Crause
    www.homebuiltairplanes.com

the value="" property contains the text that shows up inside the input field.

input boxes of type="password" will bleep out the text in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      the value="" property contains the text that shows up inside the input field.

input boxes of type="password" will bleep out the text in the box.
      I have the Value="username" and Value="password" in the code for each input field, and yet username and password do not show up in the fields. Can anyone think of another reason why the text would not show up?
      Jake Crause
      www.homebuiltairplanes.com

Comment

Working...
      X