Forum Permission Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Permission Problems

I have recently created a new forum on my site for Administrators only, and have checked every group's permissions to make sure that they are not allowed to enter or even see this forum. However, our site moderators are still able to access and read the forum. I've checked every possible area pertaining to this, and even the database itself. Any reason this would be happening?
    Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Have you checked Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Permissions?

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
      Have you checked Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Permissions?
      Yes indeed. Everygroup is custom forced to NO for everything, except Admins, yet mods can still see it and browse it.
      Matthew Yette
      [email protected]

Comment

Mods automatically get access to privtae forums. You'll need to turn this access off for each Mod in their user masks.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Mods automatically get access to privtae forums. You'll need to turn this access off for each Mod in their user masks.
          That did it Steve, thanks a lot!
          Matthew Yette
          [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X