Problems with a move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with a move

First of all I'm situated at a host which does not allow Telnet or SSH access at all and so I have to rely on a dump which I am definatly sure is incomplete due to timeout and thus almost useless. The database is relatively large and so extracting each table by PHPmyAdmin would take months.

Also the server I am moving to does allow Telnet access however each time I try and import the "incomplete dump" I obtain the error.

"ERROR 1130: Host 'localhost.localdomain' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

Is there any advice you can give on obtaining a full and complete backup without Telnet access? Are there any resolutions you can think of that may help my situation? Any direct and/or indirect help would be very much appriciated.

Your only viable option iis to ask your old host to make a backup for you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have asked them to make a backup for me but they refuse to reply. I was wondering if it was possible to dump the database in two .sql files so as to go around the PHP timout issue.

Comment

What web host is this? I think it's important to know so other potential customers are warned about them.

You can try backing up one table at a time in the backup option of the Admin CP, then restoring each table through phpMyAdmin. You may still have a problem with timeout issues though.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

> "ERROR 1130: Host 'localhost.localdomain' is
          > not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

That sounds a lot like a user name and password error in Mysql rather than a problem with an incomplete dump. I know I was getting messages that sounded a lot like that when I moved my forum. I had to specify the user name and password, then Mysql would let me acces.

Maybe somebody else can confirm this...

Comment

Well I have asked my host to place a MySQL dump onto my available webspace but all they reply with are payment issues (which is the only issue they seem to be efficient in recently) and they will not allow me telnet access (which to an extent I can understand seeing as it can be a security risk) which are the main reasons why I am moving. I don't wish to disclose the host quite yet.

Backing up each table one by one may take a inordinate amount of time but I do suppose my options are pretty well limited at the moment.

That error keeps occuring after I have typed in the
            mysql -uUSERNAME -p newdbname < /path/to/dump.sql command into telnet for my new server. After entering that command what appears is:

"Enter Password: ERROR 1130: Host 'localhost.localdomain' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

I'm certain that the database name and username are correct yet I still obtain the same error. I can't think of what is wrong and why this error appears, any help on this would be very helpful indeed.
            Last edited by RenzukenX; Sun 1 Dec '02, 12:09pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X