Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I use the Email Features of vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use the Email Features of vBulletin?

I can't seem to use any email features for my vBulletin. Perhaps I haven't set it up yet, but I don't know how. I run the forums from WinXP Pro, with IIS.
    When I run the mailtest.php, here's what I get:
    Code:
    Notice: Undefined variable: address in C:\forums\upload\mailtest.php on line 5
    Address to email: 
    (button)
    now.. while in the Admin CP, I choose Email users, and select myself only, and when I submit it, I get this result via the Admin CP:
    Code:
    Emailing users. Page 1/1 (2 users total).
    103 - UNKNOWN .... sending ... 
    Warning: Bad Message destination in C:\forums\upload\admin\email.php on line 148
    ok
    1 - Zivilyn .... sending ... 
    Warning: Server Error in C:\forums\upload\admin\email.php on line 148
    ok

All done!
    Any ideas guys? Thanks!!

vBulletin uses PHP's mail() function. your need to make sure your mail settings in your php.ini file are correct.

Comment

ok.. i'm kinda dumb when it comes to that stuff... can you give a more detailed descripton, and perhaps post an example?

Comment

Originally posted by Zivilyn
        ok.. i'm kinda dumb when it comes to that stuff... can you give a more detailed descripton, and perhaps post an example?
        we can't really help you with email setup and php configuration. you can ask your web host or post in our Server Configuration forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X