Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I take off one of my admin power???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ConMeoCon
    replied
    Originally posted by N9ne
    That is a way to do it, however if ConMeoCon is not familiar with PhpMyAdmin, it's unadviseable to go there and start changing settings...
    His user ID is Zer0
    I host the site on my dedicated server and so I did change ftp, ssh password already so he could not get into it anymore. I think he probably delete some files in there already. The board is kind of weird now. www.tuoithantien.com/forums/ as you can see the unicode is nothing right now. If someone know how to fix this, please let me know and I will give out the ftp and admin access.
    Thanks alot guys for helping me out

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by Beramode
    Change his usergroup ID to the banned group ID in PHPmyAdmin.
    That is a way to do it, however if ConMeoCon is not familiar with PhpMyAdmin, it's unadviseable to go there and start changing settings...

Leave a comment:

• Beramode
    replied
    Change his usergroup ID to the banned group ID in PHPmyAdmin.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Try reuploading the original admin/functions.php file. Make sure you overwrite the one on the server.

However if he hacked you then this means he has access to your server (ftp and/or telnet.) You need to contact your host and have them change your password(s).
    He has probably got more hacks installed using functions.php...just my guess, so re-uploading a clean functions.php will cause the board to dis-function.

Can you give us his userid? I can tell you what to find and replace in functions.php as I have the hack installed.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Try reuploading the original admin/functions.php file. Make sure you overwrite the one on the server.

However if he hacked you then this means he has access to your server (ftp and/or telnet.) You need to contact your host and have them change your password(s).

Leave a comment:

• ConMeoCon
    replied
    Originally posted by N9ne
    Seems like the admin protection hack has been installed, look in admin/functions.php for any reference to his userid...
    can I just delete that functions.php and would it still work when I take his power away?

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by ConMeoCon
    Hi all
    Here is the problem. I have an admin that work for me a long time. He decided to quit the jobs and mess up the forums. Somehow whenever I try to change his status to a normal register member or a banned member, I received a message that said "You cannot update this Admin."
    Please show me how to take his power away, It's very danger if he is still messing up the forum. I even try to delete him but received the same message...
    Thanks alot
    Seems like the admin protection hack has been installed, look in admin/functions.php for any reference to his userid...

Leave a comment:

• ConMeoCon
    started a topic How can I take off one of my admin power???

How can I take off one of my admin power???

Hi all
    Here is the problem. I have an admin that work for me a long time. He decided to quit the jobs and mess up the forums. Somehow whenever I try to change his status to a normal register member or a banned member, I received a message that said "You cannot update this Admin."
    Please show me how to take his power away, It's very danger if he is still messing up the forum. I even try to delete him but received the same message...
    Thanks alot
Working...
X