Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I take off one of my admin power???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I take off one of my admin power???

Hi all
    Here is the problem. I have an admin that work for me a long time. He decided to quit the jobs and mess up the forums. Somehow whenever I try to change his status to a normal register member or a banned member, I received a message that said "You cannot update this Admin."
    Please show me how to take his power away, It's very danger if he is still messing up the forum. I even try to delete him but received the same message...
    Thanks alot

Originally posted by ConMeoCon
    Hi all
    Here is the problem. I have an admin that work for me a long time. He decided to quit the jobs and mess up the forums. Somehow whenever I try to change his status to a normal register member or a banned member, I received a message that said "You cannot update this Admin."
    Please show me how to take his power away, It's very danger if he is still messing up the forum. I even try to delete him but received the same message...
    Thanks alot
    Seems like the admin protection hack has been installed, look in admin/functions.php for any reference to his userid...

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
      Seems like the admin protection hack has been installed, look in admin/functions.php for any reference to his userid...
      can I just delete that functions.php and would it still work when I take his power away?

Comment

Try reuploading the original admin/functions.php file. Make sure you overwrite the one on the server.

However if he hacked you then this means he has access to your server (ftp and/or telnet.) You need to contact your host and have them change your password(s).
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Try reuploading the original admin/functions.php file. Make sure you overwrite the one on the server.

However if he hacked you then this means he has access to your server (ftp and/or telnet.) You need to contact your host and have them change your password(s).
          He has probably got more hacks installed using functions.php...just my guess, so re-uploading a clean functions.php will cause the board to dis-function.

Can you give us his userid? I can tell you what to find and replace in functions.php as I have the hack installed.

Comment

Change his usergroup ID to the banned group ID in PHPmyAdmin.

Comment

Originally posted by Beramode
              Change his usergroup ID to the banned group ID in PHPmyAdmin.
              That is a way to do it, however if ConMeoCon is not familiar with PhpMyAdmin, it's unadviseable to go there and start changing settings...

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
                That is a way to do it, however if ConMeoCon is not familiar with PhpMyAdmin, it's unadviseable to go there and start changing settings...
                His user ID is Zer0
                I host the site on my dedicated server and so I did change ftp, ssh password already so he could not get into it anymore. I think he probably delete some files in there already. The board is kind of weird now. www.tuoithantien.com/forums/ as you can see the unicode is nothing right now. If someone know how to fix this, please let me know and I will give out the ftp and admin access.
                Thanks alot guys for helping me out

Comment

Working...
                X