Importing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Problem

I have a DB with phpbb 2 stuff in it and i'm trying to convert that to vB I have the importer folder in the right place in all and after I get the association screen I get this error
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.8:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM ewessent_ewb.phpbb_users
    mysql error: select command denied to user: '[email protected]' for table 'phpbb_users'
    mysql error number: 1142
    Date: Friday 29th of November 2002 07:44:02 PM
    Script: http://www.ewessentials.co.uk/forums...ort_phpbb2.php
    Referer: http://www.ewessentials.co.uk/forums...ort_phpbb2.php

For some reason your host does not allow the db user 'ewessent_admin' access to the SELECT command. You'll need to contact them about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      For some reason your host does not allow the db user 'ewessent_admin' access to the SELECT command. You'll need to contact them about this.
      Hmm I may know the problem now thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ferny72
        Hmm I may know the problem now thanks
        Ok now I have gotten to the part where it asks how many users to import at a time but gives me this error Steve what do you think

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO userfield
        (userid,field1,field2,field3,field4,importuserid,isnew)
        VALUES
        ('773',
        '',
        '',
        '',
        '',
        '-1',1
        )
        mysql error: Unknown column 'field1' in 'field list'
        mysql error number: 1054
        Date: Friday 29th of November 2002 08:15:09 PM
        Referer: http://www.ewessentials.co.uk/forums...leprefix=phpbb_

Comment

Originally posted by Ferny72
          Ok now I have gotten to the part where it asks how many users to import at a time but gives me this error Steve what do you think

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO userfield
          (userid,field1,field2,field3,field4,importuserid,isnew)
          VALUES
          ('773',
          '',
          '',
          '',
          '',
          '-1',1
          )
          mysql error: Unknown column 'field1' in 'field list'
          mysql error number: 1054
          Date: Friday 29th of November 2002 08:15:09 PM
          Referer: http://www.ewessentials.co.uk/forums...leprefix=phpbb_
          Please can anyone help...

Comment

What exactly have you done prior to running the importer? It would appear from this error that you don't have one of the common and requiered fields in the userfield table.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

All I did was import an invision board to a phpbb2 then am trying now to import from a phpbb2 to vB. I uploaded the importers to forum root ran the importer script from the admin section and then get this field error.

Comment

What I'm getting at is - did you run the vB installation first? If you did, then you should have this field. Have you checked the userfield table in the database?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What I'm getting at is - did you run the vB installation first? If you did, then you should have this field. Have you checked the userfield table in the database?
                  Yea the forums were up and I checked the table and it goes like this, userid, field 2, field 3, and so on. Do I have to add field 1 if so how?

Comment

Personally I'd recommend reinstalling vB. If that field is missing, then there could be other database problems as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Personally I'd recommend reinstalling vB. If that field is missing, then there could be other database problems as well.
                      Is there any other way I mean My board is too big right now to reinstall and lose everything. Everything so far is working normal no errors except for this importing issue.

Comment

Ah, I see. I thought you were importing into a brand new forum.

Frankly the only way I know how to do this is to manually add this field in with phpMyAdmin or with a query. To do it manually you need to make it:

Field: field1
                        Type: CHAR
                        Length: 250
                        Null: not null

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X