localhost question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• localhost question...

I'm on winXP home, and I have downloaded a .sql dump from my online forums...now how can I restore this to a database I have setup on localhost? I have phpmyadmin 2.3.2...

Hmm, that's interesting, I never even thought of doing that. I should try. O_o (once someone states how)
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Go in phpMyAdmin --> click the name of the database in which you want to run the SQL Queries on --> Click 'SQL' (right side of your screen)

On that page, look for 'Or Location of the textfile:' - You should see what to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
        Go in phpMyAdmin --> click the name of the database in which you want to run the SQL Queries on --> Click 'SQL' (right side of your screen)

On that page, look for 'Or Location of the textfile:' - You should see what to do next.
        Error
        SQL-query :
        <SPAN class=syntax><SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>-</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_white syntax_white_newline"></SPAN><SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>-</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_white syntax_white_newline"></SPAN><SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>-</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_white syntax_white_newline"></SPAN><SPAN class=syntax_punct>*</SPAN> <SPAN class=syntax_punct>-</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_white syntax_white_newline"></SPAN><SPAN class="syntax_white syntax_white_newline"></SPAN><SPAN class="syntax_alpha syntax_alpha_reservedWord">DROP</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_alpha syntax_alpha_reservedWord">TABLE</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_alpha syntax_alpha_reservedWord">IF</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_alpha syntax_alpha_reservedWord">EXISTS</SPAN> <SPAN class="syntax_alpha syntax_alpha_identifier">access</SPAN></SPAN>
        MySQL said:

<PRE>You have an error in your SQL syntax near '-------------------------------------------------------------DROP TABLE IF E' at line 2</PRE><PRE> </PRE><PRE>Are you sure I can just locate a .sql file? I thought it was just for a query that may be located in a text file </PRE>

Comment

Damnit! I can't post the error here, because things like that come up when you copy and paste

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by
            Are you sure I can just locate a .sql file? I thought it was just for a query that may be located in a text file
            That's what you should be running in ''Or Location of the textfile:' - Your .sql file.

Comment

Code:
              C:\path\to\mysql\bin>mysql -uUSERNAME -p DATABASENAME < "C:/path/to/dump.sql"
              Sean
              SitePoint Advisor (seanf)
              http://sitepointforums.com
              Harry Potter

Comment

Originally posted by seanf
                Code:
                C:\path\to\mysql\bin>mysql -uUSERNAME -p DATABASENAME < "C:/path/to/dump.sql"
                Sean
                Where do I do that?

Comment

At the command line:

Start -> Run -> cmd
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    At the command line:

Start -> Run -> cmd
                    That's where I was trying, but I didn't cd into the right directory lol, anyway, I figured it out, it works, and I am thanking you

Comment

Well if you get confused again (or somebody else has this question in the future):

1. Open a command prompt (Start > Run, type "cmd", press Enter)
                      2. Go to c:\mysql\bin or wherever you put MySQL\bin
                      3. Go to http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html and follow the instructions.
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                        Well if you get confused again (or somebody else has this question in the future):

1. Open a command prompt (Start > Run, type "cmd", press Enter)
                        2. Go to c:\mysql\bin or wherever you put MySQL\bin
                        3. Go to http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html and follow the instructions.
                        hence:
                        Win NT kernels use CMD
                        Win 9* kernels use COMMAND

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X