Search Problems, help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Problems, help pls

Hi in my forum the search works partially, infact if i search a term or an user name it gives only 4/5 thread to see ..no more, for example if i search my user name (i've got 2000 messagge) it gives me 8 results ...
    I reindexed the dbase 3 times but nothing changed
    Pls help
    Last edited by Giansa; Thu 28th Nov '02, 2:37am.

Version number? Have you installed any hacks? What's the URL to your forums and a test account that we can use to check this out?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Version number? Have you installed any hacks? What's the URL to your forums and a test account that we can use to check this out?
      2.2.8 / yes 3/4 hacks (info box, reply box ecc) / http://www.msni.it/forum/index.php / user Vbulltest pass vbulletin /

In italian Search = Cerca

tnx

Comment

I can't duplicate the problem. Can you explain exactly what you are doing and what happens?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I can't duplicate the problem. Can you explain exactly what you are doing and what happens?
          is simple to duplicate...go in Cerca and write windows ..it gives just 5 pages....is a forum about windows probably there are 300 or 3000 pages of thread with the world windows...

Comment

Sorry but I have no way of knowing how many pages it should bring up. Can you find a specific thread or post containing 'windows' that doesn't show up in the search results?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry but I have no way of knowing how many pages it should bring up. Can you find a specific thread or post containing 'windows' that doesn't show up in the search results?
              You not but me yes......
              My forum is about windows and has 39000 thread the major part about all microsoft os ... if i search windows (is only an example) it show at max 108 thread....is impossible

Another example: if i search "windows xp" it show 36 thread the forum about Windows Xp has 4556 thread and in 80% the word windows xp there is.....

Comment

What happens when you remove your hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What happens when you remove your hacks?
                  Nothing is not an hacks problem but a dbase problem

Comment

The only thing I can suggest then is to go into the Admin CP, empty the searchindex and rebuild it again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X