Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users can view forums but cant post

Hi all,

Recently I have had a few users who have registered with no problem and can login pk having problems posting. They fill in the post fields but when they click submit it tells them that the subject and message fields are blank when they are clearly not.

I am running v2.2.6 on iis5 with the forums at http://www.dvd-swaps.co.uk/dvd2001/dvdforums. Thius has only started happening within the last few days and I havent changed anything on the site for about a month as far as coding is concerned.

Any ideas on what it could be?
    Shepski
    DVD Swaps Forums

Perhaps your host upgraded PHP, Apache or MySQL and introdiced some bugs. Perhaps the problem is with these users computers, browsers, browser setttings, firewall software and/or ISPs.

It's really difficult to say what could be causing this. Try investigating and finding out a little about what these members are using.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Do the complainers use a AOL browser?
      The Knowledge Emporium

Comment

host hasnt upgraded anything cos I am the host! one user has reported using a Bush Internet TV box, the other is using IE5. they can both post on other vb forums including one which I also post on.
        Shepski
        DVD Swaps Forums

Comment

As I said it could be a number of other things as well. When this happens to just one or two users it's difficult to know what the problem is without actually sitting down at their computer and seeing what they have installed and what their settings are.

Have them try a different browser and see it this fixes the problem. IE 5 is kinda old and I've never heard of 'Bush Internet TV'.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            I've never heard of 'Bush Internet TV'.
            Its a UK thing I guess, basically a telly with a modem in it!!
            Shepski
            DVD Swaps Forums

Comment

Working...
            X