No announcement yet.

Changing order of threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright, i'll check it out when i get home. thanks for helping so much.

Comment

This is all very pretty,
      but as soon as someone replies to an old thread, it gets to the top again. Since the last post date is still newer then the last manually updates post.

Maybe a new option like first-post time sorting would be nice - as a per forum setting - settable in the admin control panel / with feature to override users's user control panel choice - for situations like these
      Last edited by Floris; Thu 28th Nov '02, 5:54pm.

Comment

hmm, the query is now going through without error, but it is not having any effect. the dates and order of threads all stay the same after running the query. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by zachb
          hmm, the query is now going through without error, but it is not having any effect. the dates and order of threads all stay the same after running the query. any ideas?
          You might have to touch the last post as well. Same query just use post and postid instead of thread and threadid.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

ok, got it to work. is there anyway to change the time also? we have posts going in the news archive that were posted about every two minutes, so to fit the posts right where they should be, we can put them in the minute before and after. if you could post a way to do that also, i would really appreciate it. thanks,

zach

Comment

Originally posted by zachb
              ok, got it to work. is there anyway to change the time also? we have posts going in the news archive that were posted about every two minutes, so to fit the posts right where they should be, we can put them in the minute before and after. if you could post a way to do that also, i would really appreciate it. thanks,

zach
              bump.

Comment

Working...
              X