upgraded and now have errors in some functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgraded and now have errors in some functions

I had help upgrading my VB and now, a few days later I have some errors in some functions:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.8:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT DISTINCT privatemessage.*, user.username AS tousername, user.emailonpm, user.invisible,
    user.lastactivity, icon.iconpath, session.userid AS sessionuserid
    FROM privatemessage
    LEFT JOIN user ON (user.userid = privatemessage.touserid)
    LEFT JOIN icon ON (icon.iconid = privatemessage.iconid)
    LEFT JOIN session ON (session.userid = user.userid
    AND session.userid <> 0 AND user.invisible = 0 AND session.lastactivity>0)
    WHERE fromuserid=27814
    AND folderid <> -1
    AND receipt > 0
    AND dateline >= 1038092807
    ORDER BY dateline DESC
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Monday 25th of November 2002 06:06:47 PM
    Script: http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vb2...php?daysprune=
    Referer: http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/private.php
    It seems that something is adding an extra folder to the path:

it should say:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/private2.php...etc

but something is adding an extra /vb2/ to the path.

Any ideas? I'm getting errors...not tons...but some.

Edited to add: These errors seem to be in minor features of the site as the path is correct for replies, forums, threads, etc.
    Last edited by Kathy; Mon 25th Nov '02, 3:25pm.
    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

That's weird. Normally there's an error number.

Try this:
    Close your forums then upload repair.php to your admin directory.
    (it's found in the 'extras' folder of your vBulletin zip)

Run repair.php in your browser ( http://hystersisters.com/vb2/admin/r...=1&amp;check=1 )

If everything reports 'Ok' reopen your forums. If it doesn't, run repair.php again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
      That's weird. Normally there's an error number.

Try this:
      Close your forums then upload repair.php to your admin directory.
      (it's found in the 'extras' folder of your vBulletin zip)

Run repair.php in your browser ( http://hystersisters.com/vb2/admin/r...=1&amp;check=1 )

If everything reports 'Ok' reopen your forums. If it doesn't, run repair.php again.
      Could it take a while to run this script?

I uploaded the repair.php and running:http://hystersisters.com/vb2/admin/r...=1&amp;check=1

but so far...it is just running....

I think this could be associated with my special add-ons that we always have to add into the files...although private.php and private2.php isn't an add-on....

Yikes.

Should I log into the member area for support ticket?

Repair.php is still running.....

Comment

Yes it can take a while to run - especially witth a larger database (which I believe you have.) After it's done, check the output. If all the tables show 'Ok' then you're set to go. if not, you may need to run it again.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Yes it can take a while to run - especially witth a larger database (which I believe you have.) After it's done, check the output. If all the tables show 'Ok' then you're set to go. if not, you may need to run it again.
          Okay, it finally came out....all OKAY

I open my boards back up...and get the error when I click on a certain link.

I guess this must have something to do with an add-on (I have several) that we had to add back into the new files with the upgrade although it seems to mess just with a few of the functions.

:bigcry:

I need to learn PHP.

Comment

Here's another one:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.8:

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM searchindex WHERE wordid IN (0) AND postid=
            mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Sunday 24th of November 2002 07:57:53 PM
            Script: http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vb2/postings.php
            Referer: http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/postings.php?action=split&threadid=78721
            what do these features have in common?

private2.php and postings.php ??? does that help to find the error?

Comment

Try reuploading the original private2.php file from the zip file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Try reuploading the original private2.php file from the zip file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server.
                Okie, I did that. I did postings.php too.

Now what can I click on to check and see if the error is fixed?

What does private2.php do?

Comment

Postings.php runs when you are posting something and private2.php runs when you are accessing the Private message options. To test these, reclick on the same links that gave you the error readings before.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Postings.php runs when you are posting something and private2.php runs when you are accessing the Private message options. To test these, reclick on the same links that gave you the error readings before.

We found the problem and fixed it.

My server was full. LOL

Avatars couldn't be changed, threads couldn't be split. Errors...

we had to delete database backups to give it room.

So...if this is a concern on a regular basis...is it another hard drive I could add to help with storage space?

We have 16 gig but we have had more than one occurance in the last 6 months with the server filling up. LOL

Comment

Interesting. Usually when the server is full you'll receive an 'error 28'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Interesting. Usually when the server is full you'll receive an 'error 28'.

this is even more interesting (insert spooky mystery music here)

The error logs showed none of the 50+ error messages I showed above. The "error 0" weren't writing to my logs. A few other errors today...but none of the ones I was posting here about.

<edited >

Any ideas on why mysql database errors wouldn't write to the log.... /usr partition was full...keeping the logs from writing on errors and php files from working I suppose??

Of course, add to all this...my non-techie brain. Php-challanged at the mercy of tech support.

thanks for your help once again.
                        Last edited by Kathy; Tue 26th Nov '02, 5:25am.

Comment

It's possible that the server was too full to write the correct error message leaving MySQL with an unknown error (which is what error '0' is.).

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
                            So...if this is a concern on a regular basis...is it another hard drive I could add to help with storage space?
                            Yes, you could add another hard drive to fix this problem. You could either have your hosting company mount it as part of your existing file space or rewrite your backup script to copy your backups and logs to it every night giving you more space on your main drive.

For SitePoint Forums, we use 3X36 Gigabyte SCSI drives.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              Yes, you could add another hard drive to fix this problem. You could either have your hosting company mount it as part of your existing file space or rewrite your backup script to copy your backups and logs to it every night giving you more space on your main drive.

For SitePoint Forums, we use 3X36 Gigabyte SCSI drives.

Thanks Wayne. This helps me alot with planning. I appreciate your input...always!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X