• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I put someone in Timeout?

Subject says it all.

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't say anything to me.

Timeout?
    Can you give a more detailed description of what you mean?
    As far as I know, you can not give a user a timeout, unless you DoS them :P

The only timeout I know is cookie related, and this is 'for all members'.
    You can find this here:
    1. Login to the Admin Control Panel as an administrator (yoursite.com/forum/admin/ is where you can find that)
    2. From the left, select 'vBulletin Options' and from the right find the section 'User and Registration Options'
    3. Find 'Timeout for Cookie' and by default it should say 900 (change it to anything you like, but .. 900 is a good value)
    4. If you altered anything, goto the bottom of the page and click on 'Save Changes'.
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 25th Nov '02, 7:11am. Reason: Added attachment

Comment

Well... I meant Timeout in a sense where a user becomes an issue. And you put them in Timeout for a set period of time. Kinda like making a little kid sit in the corner. Ya know? Thanks again.

Comment

You can temporary ban them.

You can just move them to the banned by moderators usergroup and inform them through e-mail or something that their account can be re-activated if they promise to behave in the future, and that they can return to the forum in a few days when they have cooled down.

Banning a user can be done through the moderators control panel and changing usergroups can be done through the admin control panel.

You could also make a special (new) usergroup with certain rights, so when a user misbehaves, you can move him into the 'timeout' usergroup, that way he can do everything as normal, just not post or use PM or email users, or whatever else restricktions you want to give them. And their usertitle could be changed to 'I am on a timeout' or whatever :P

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X