Weird Question UPLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Question UPLOAD

here is a weird question. u guys have in vbulletin options to choose where attchment well be saved i changed that to my ip address once
    and tried an aatchment and it didnt upload to my pc
    and i did try with my FTP and samething it didnt work
    is there a way to make attachments save in a pc other than hosting
    thank you

attachments are stored in the database. there is no option to save attachments as files or on your local pc.

are you using any hacks? are you getting any error messages?

upload phpinfo.php (in the extras folder of the vBulletin zip file) to your server and post the link.

Comment

Originally posted by CaMiKaZi2k
      here is a weird question. u guys have in vbulletin options to choose where attchment well be saved i changed that to my ip address once
      and tried an aatchment and it didnt upload to my pc
      and i did try with my FTP and samething it didnt work
      is there a way to make attachments save in a pc other than hosting
      thank you
      I think you're asking if there's a way to choose where attachments are saved once they are submitted in vBulletin. Unfortunately, that feature does not presently exist. As Jakeman stated, attachments in vBulletin are stored in the MySQL database.

There are hacks on vbulletin.org to change this so that you can save the attachments in the server filesystem. Doing so is unsupported here though.

Best wishes,
      Paul

Comment

Note: vB3 will have an Admin CP option to store attachments in a directory on the server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Note: vB3 will have an Admin CP option to store attachments in a directory on the server.
          I think Steve is lying. Furthermore, I think he should provide me with vB3.zip to prove that he isn't.

Comment

Fortunately I emotionaly secure and have no compelling need to be believed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Fortunately I emotionaly secure and have no compelling need to be believed.

(insert 10 characters here--wow.. this 10 character thing better be admin-definable).

Comment

Originally posted by LoveShack

(insert 10 characters here--wow.. this 10 character thing better be admin-definable).
                I've taken the liberty of reducing this to 3 characters. I hope John and Chris don't get mad at me!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I've taken the liberty of reducing this to 3 characters. I hope John and Chris don't get mad at me!
                  ok i didnt know that
                  then whats the point of having the option to choose the directory the files saved to in vbulletin options.
                  and anybody know a linki to the hack for the upload to save to a directory?

Comment

I think I'm in love...

Comment

Originally posted by CaMiKaZi2k
                      ok i didnt know that
                      then whats the point of having the option to choose the directory the files saved to in vbulletin options.
                      and anybody know a linki to the hack for the upload to save to a directory?
                      http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...chment+as+file
                      Hello :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X