Profile reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile reading

I have notice that some of the NON-users are reading profiles on member ... I dont like that ... How can I turn that function off for non members .. soo that only members can read other users profile ???

please help

Through the Admin Control Panel you can turn off the priveledges for the usergroup unregistered so they can not see the profiles.
    1. Login to the Admin Control Panel as an administrator
    2. From the left menu, goto the section 'User groups' and select 'Modify'. (the page on the right will change)
    3. Click on '[edit]' from the user group that you want to change the permissions from (most likely Unregistered / Not Logged In)
    4. From the section 'Viewing Permissions' find 'Can view members info' and set it to 'No'.
    5. Press 'Save Changes' and you are done. (and repeat this for every usergroup that you don't want to have access to view the profiles of other members)

If they still get on that page, they might show up in the whois online page with 'viewing the profile of a member', but they are actually getting the error message 'you do not have permission to view this profile'.
    Last edited by Floris; Sun 24th Nov '02, 8:46am.

Comment

thanks

thanks it is working now

Comment

Originally posted by Lahoria
        thanks it is working now
        I am glad it worked

Comment

test okey .. but

now I have done soo for a couple of hours ... but when I look at currently online a saw a guest Viewing Profile of a Forum Member .. but he cant .. Cant he ??? I have tested I cant ... what is he looking at ???

Comment

Originally posted by Lahoria
            now I have done soo for a couple of hours ... but when I look at currently online a saw a guest Viewing Profile of a Forum Member .. but he cant .. Cant he ??? I have tested I cant ... what is he looking at ???

Log out of your own forum and then you are also a 'guest' from the usergroup 'unregistered or not logged in'. Go check up on a profile of a member, you will see either the profile or an error message stating that you are not logged in, or do not have permission to view that page. Both ways > You will show up on the WhoisOnline Page as 'Viewing a profile of a member'.
            Last edited by Floris; Sun 24th Nov '02, 11:34am.

Comment

yes I got that one too ...

just checking that they are not geting profile veiw

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X