Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate Thread and Closing Thread

Hi

I am a mod at a very large site, which LEGALLY uses 2.2.1.

I have a couple consistent problems, I have asked and asked, but they (webmasters) don't seem to know the answers.

I have been THE mod of my forums for up to two years with full capabilities.

TIA

Rate Thread:
    When I try to rate a thread in my forum, I get this _

_vBulletin MessageATTENTION ADMINISTRATOR: You MUST revert your showthread_threadrate template!

Also I have a non-interactive forum : when closing someone's post, it takes (honest) 10-12 times for it to close. I have refresh-reload, etc. with no significant increased results. UGH

Keep getting the "invalid action" - try again msg.

Only wish (due to this) I could close 2-3 at once (Admin Options) - a suggestion maybe?

I appreciate your patience and reply.

Have you tried to revert the showthread_threadrate template yet?

To do this, go to Admin CP-->Templates-->Modify-->[default]-->[show all]-->showthread_threadrate-->[revert to original]

Once you click "show all" just "find" the showthread_threadrate template, and revert it back to the original.

I'm not really sure what to do about your second problem though.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

woooooo hoooooooooo - it worked!!!!! Thx for your help on the Rate Thread! AND for your very QUICK reply. (I thought I'd be waiting for a wk.)

Now, anybody: any ideas on the closing problems?????

Comment

Originally posted by golferguy
        woooooo hoooooooooo - it worked!!!!! Thx for your help on the Rate Thread! AND for your very QUICK reply. (I thought I'd be waiting for a wk.)

Now, anybody: any ideas on the closing problems?????
        Cool, glad to hear.

About the second problem..Does it only happen when closing threads?
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Yes just on the Admin (button): Open/Close Thread when I'm closing.

Merge-split-delete-move-copy,da,da,da do not do it.
          They are all "one" time does it.

Comment

Error Message

Ok, (sigh) the Rate Thread must just work when I fix it and stay in that session.

I have cookies,etc. - but once I shut down the puter, and come back in, the cookies acknowledge me but it's back again...(hissssssss at problem) LOL

Now as for closing: this is actual msg. I get....for endless times. I have to "try it again" til I'm blue in the face (not my color)....until it closes:

(below)
            \/
            \/
            \/
            \/

vBulletin Message
            The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

Try this action again!

Again reload-refresh does not work.

Thx for ALL your help and hair-pulling (with me)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X