Forum Restriction Question > > >

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Restriction Question > > >

I can't figure out to save my life how to restrict my entire forum so that a user has to be logged in in order to view the forums, can some tell me exactly where that option is in the vBulletin CP?
    Last edited by anguilla1980; Sat 23rd Nov '02, 10:11pm.

Originally posted by 92GTA
    I can't figure out to save my life how to restrict my entire forum so that a user has to be logged in in order to view the forums, can some tell me exactly where that option is in the vBulletin CP?
    There may be an easier way, but you could do this:

Admin CP-->Forums & Moderators-->Permissions-->[select a forum]-->[Unregistered / Not Logged In]-->[edit]-->Can view forum: No.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Thanks but I have a large number of forums on my messageboard and that would take a long time to do and it's only on a board by board basis.

I was wondering if there was 1 setting to restrict ALL forums (the entire messageboard) to all users that aren't logged in. I know you can do it w/vBulletin 2.2.8 because 3rdgen.org is doing it...

Comment

It's a simple user group permission:

Admin CP -> User Groups -> Modify -> Unregistered/Not logged in [edit] -> Can view board -> No
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's it, thank you once again!

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            It's a simple user group permission:

Admin CP -> User Groups -> Modify -> Unregistered/Not logged in [edit] -> Can view board -> No
            Doh, that is much easier
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Working...
            X