Members posts showing up but a day later for her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members posts showing up but a day later for her

One of our members is having a probelm of posting and her not seeing her posts on the board until the next day sometime. She's a longtime member so it's not a newbie issue. She also says that she posts to other boards and this doesn't occur - her posts show right away.

I however can see her post on the board right after she posts it. We set up a test to check this out and sure enough I can see it but she can't. I suggested she clear her cache but she says that didn't work. And if that were the problem she'd also have the same issue on the other boards she posts at wouldn't she? any ideas

Eat Your Veggies

If she can't see that post right away after she posts it, it seems like a caching problem to me... Has she tried refreshing the page after posting?

Comment

That's what I thought but she says it still doesn't show.
      Eat Your Veggies

Comment

Her ISP must be caching pages then.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynthia
          One of our members is having a probelm of posting and her not seeing her posts on the board until the next day sometime. She's a longtime member so it's not a newbie issue. She also says that she posts to other boards and this doesn't occur - her posts show right away.

I however can see her post on the board right after she posts it. We set up a test to check this out and sure enough I can see it but she can't. I suggested she clear her cache but she says that didn't work. And if that were the problem she'd also have the same issue on the other boards she posts at wouldn't she? any ideas

ask her to hit CTRL+F5 after the post does she see it then ?
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
            ask her to hit CTRL+F5 after the post does she see it then ?
            Thanks for your help everyone. I'll impress upon her the cache issue and also suggest the CTRL+F5 and see what comes back.
            Eat Your Veggies

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X