Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message when registering

Hi:

New users have just started getting this error message when they attempt to register on our forums at aquariumpros.com :

Line 944
    Error: 'document.forms.0.avatarsel.selectedIndex' is null or not an object

This only occurs on the registration form page.

I am using vb 2.2.8
    MySQL version: 3.23.43
    PHP Version 4.1.2

I have phpmyadmin installed.

Please help ASAP.

is the registration template edited ? have you tried reverting the rego templates to default ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

It seems that it can't keep the array with the id's of the selected avatar and returns a null, while the script wants to be 'if not null then..'. It is at the bottom of the page, and you see the status bar loading the page 'building menu'... and then the error, maybe the other javascripts (and you have many loaded) are breaking the formation.

Comment

Hi and Thanks

This is happening even though there is no avatar selected. I'm sorry, but I don't understand your answer. I understand that the Java Scripts on the page may be interfering. We are having those re-written so they load faster and do not call a .js file, but they are necessary. This doesn't happen on any other page in the forum as far as I can tell.

Do you know how I can overcome this?

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
          is the registration template edited ? have you tried reverting the rego templates to default ?
          Probably like that.

It appears on loading the page (body) already, even if a user doesn't move his mouse or touch a key on the keyboard.

Comment

None of the Registration templates are modified at all.

The only templates that are modified are:

Head Include
            Header
            Footer
            php Include
            signup adult
            print thread
            email subject newuser

Comment

Added comment:

That is absolutely the only page in the BB that causes this error. It does not happen on the edit profile pages.

Comment

It's not the Java Script!

Even with all Java Script removed from the templates, the error still comes up. I am going to close the forums and try the default head, header and footer templates, but I do not believe this is the problem. The templates I am using have not changed, other than the fact that I have switched from Java applets for navigation, to Java Script. When I removed the Java script from the templates, the error persists.

Comment

Working...
                X