X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment with Same name

System Information.

Running the latest version 2.2.9
    Red Hat Linux 8.0.(Default comes with RHL 8.0 Mysql, Apache)

Here's a scenario.

I have sucessfully attached a file within a thread/post. The attachment file name is "README.TXT". Now I have a newer version of "README.TXT" on my local machine and I want to upload it. So I go edit my thread and try to replace the attachment with the same name but newer "README.TXT". It will accept the upload but you then download the attachment, you'll get the previous attachment of "README.TXT". However if you change the name of the file to replace. For instance, edit---> replace your existing README.TXT attachment with README1.TXT then it will work. Please Help....
    Last edited by freeurmind; Wed 20th Nov '02, 3:40pm.

Are you running Apache 2.x as well? There are known problems with both RH8 and Apache 2.x.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is this the web server problem or the database problem or RH OS problem or combination of all?

You understand my problem, right? As far as the attachment? Is this a known issue?

Comment

I honestly don't know. I was just pointing out that there have been many problems associated with both RH8 and Apache 2.x. Consequently I wouldn't recommend using them - particularly Apache2.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I used the built in web server with RH8. I don't really know the version. Which version of web server do you recommend?

Comment

Do a search for 'Apache2' and you'll see a lot of reported problems. I would go back to the 1.x series.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X