Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGW
    replied
    Thank you for clarifying Jedivn! I'll go do that.

Leave a comment:

• jedivn
    replied
    well, deleting the forum using FTP programs just delete your "program" files which can be replaced easily.

Assume that your MySQL database is stayed untouched. After you upload the program fiels (.php) back on the server, edit the config.php file (under admin folder) to give vb permission to access your database and you're gonna be fine again.

Jedi

Leave a comment:

• EGW
    started a topic forum deleted off FTP. Some questions..

forum deleted off FTP. Some questions..

Hello, I was recently hacked, and this bastard (excuse my language) deleted the forum directory completely, leaving nothing. Absolutely nothing. Don't worry, that's under control now... but now I need to get our forum back up, and I'm a bit hesitant because I've never done it before. So, if you don't mind, I have some questions.

1. Can I upload the files again with no problem?

2. Does the database connect up with it again? I'm sorry, I don't have shell access because I'm not the owner..

3. Is it possible to get back everything back how it was before, including every single post and/or member?

Thanks in advance guys.