Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange dilemma!

Ok, guru's .. what goes on here??

Let me try and explain ......... we have just over 500 members - and a guy joins a coupla weeks or so back .... posts fine but ... decided he wants to post an attachment also.

He says he has no ''browse'' available on his reply page .... and when looking at lower left to forum rules he sees that he is not allowed to edit his posts, or post attachments!! Now this normally looks as follows ...... same as here,

As you see, the ''blanket'' settings DO permit both!!

Now, what am I missing?!! I can stop this guy viewing various forums, no problem there .. but I am damned if I can work out why he .... and he alone, is not seeing the forum rules as they are set ..... I mean ... this is forum specific - yes? Not user specific?

I am at a loss to see why one member only should experience this and so far have no idea what could be happening ... Control Panel does not appear to give me any answers! So far!

So - any advice? Please?

check the user group (of that member) & the forum settings

Comment

Hmmm ... tried to go that route ... and oddly, that user ain't listed. I have 493 on the list and yet supposedly, 513 i think it is members!! Odd!

But .. even so ... I can only look up things like access masks .... where do I find the user group for that member and then the forum settings? I am missing something

I am in a bit of a pickle here!

Thx for your response BTW . I do appreciate any and all feedback.

Comment

What do you mean 'that user ain't listed'. Not listed where?

This problem may be due to the user and userfield tables no longer matching. There should be one entry for each user in both tables. You can verify this by using phpMyAdmin to access and view your database. If they don't match then you can use the script posted here to fix the problem:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...984#post248984
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What do you mean 'that user ain't listed'. Not listed where?
          My listing in the User groups, under heading ''Registered'' doesn't show this guy and the total falls short of the supposed total membership by some 12 or more names , (tho I do have 7 on the ''awaiting email confirmation'' list.)

I looked at your link and that appears a useful piece of code but I am also unsure how to invoke phpMyAdmin which you mention .... I could do with some explanation on that.

And .. what is recommended method to back up my database .. I did try on one occasion from Control Panel but seem to remember it got me nowhere.!

Sorry to be a Greenhorn!

Comment

PhpMyAdmin is a MySQL database management tool. Most web hosts provide this as part of the web site management tools such as CPanel, Plesk or Ensim. Look for a link to SQL or MySQL Databases. If you can't find it I suggest you ask your host about this.

If for some reason they do not provide phpMyAdmin or an equivalent MySQL manager, then you can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

The recommended backup procedure is explained in Step One on this page:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

And here is some more info:

http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/678
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thx again Steve ........ I have emailed my host to see what's what .. and will check out your links also.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X