A question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question

Is it possible to add a member to the board manually via the control panel and

a) not have them show up on the main page as the newest registered user etc and

b) them not receive an activation e mail

In the absence of finding a suitable mailing list software to run a 15,000 member newsgroup (I have been sending them out 99 at a time in BCC via Outlook Express ) I want to run the newsgroup from the message board e mail database so that means I am going to have to manually add 15,000 people but I don't want them listed on the main page as members and I don't want them receiving an activation e mail either as they never registered for the board

If the answer is no can you please recommend some suitable php/my sql mailing list software

Comment

a. no
      b. yes > simply add the member through Admin CP
      Or set a special usergroup for this.
      Floren Munteanu
      Axivo Inc.
      Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Comment

cheers for the info

Is it possible then for instance to hide the details from the members of

F1-Network Forums View New Posts

Members: 575, Threads: 8,242, Posts: 107,632
        Welcome to our newest member, Ferrari_f1

That is viewable by members on the left hand side of the top of the main page]

I don't want to be accused of massaging figures by my members

Comment

If I understand correctly, you want those stats to be displayed only for specific user groups? like for example admins, moderators (or any other group you created)?

Unfortunately this involves hacking, so I can't post the answer here.
          However this is really easy do be done. 2 lines of code added to index.php file.
          If you want please post your problem at vb.org and I will help you there gladly.
          Floren Munteanu
          Axivo Inc.
          Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X