Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... my forum is down... Database error

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: SELECT user.*,userfield.* FROM user LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid WHERE user.userid='271' mysql error: Unknown column 'userfield.userid' in 'on clause'

mysql error number: 1054
    What I did was, I was trying to install a usergroup field hack (that shows a users title and usergroup in his post (seemed simple enough, but kept giving me errors, so I put the 2 files back to original again,...
    was asking for help at vbulletin.org, people told me run a query...
    because I am not very familier with queries, I read a post here that said download phpMyAdmin 2.3.2 for simple queries...
    I did this, set it all up then started looking in the userfield link on the left side...
    of the userfields listed the top one said under attributes "unsigned"
    i tried to make it primary (i think) and it disapeared and now I can't get into any part of the forum (main, CP, anywhere)
    i get this message when I attempt to go on:
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the Mikobu.ca Chat Forum database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    (I had upgraded to 2.2.9 yesterday and before I did this, I downloaded the entire site to my hard drive via my ftp client.)
    so I thought I could fix it by re-upping my site from this back up... did not work, I got the same message...
    Woke up this morning and I had over 2000 emails to webmaster-locked my email server up...

I am having a VERY bad day
    Please help, I'm desparate

As I responded in your support ticket you seem to have somehow removed the 'userid' field in the userfield table. You need to restore the backup you made prior to making this change.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
    X